Diabetes Eats Away At your Health...
Manage Your Diabetes with Valiant’s
Diabetes Annual Review Screenings.
- Eye problems (diabetic retinopathy) through retinopathy screening
- Nerve damage and circulation through foot examinations
- Cholesterol screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Kidney disease screening (diabetic nephropathy)
- Depending on your health and medical history, our physicians may check for other problems as well.
Screening for nerve damage and circulation with foot examinations
People with diabetes should have a foot examination at least once a year. Your feet will be looked at and you can expect to be tested for the feeling in your feet, including your sense of touch, hot and cold sensations and they may test for the circulation in your feet as well.
Screening for eye problems (Retinopathy)
Everyone with diabetes, who is 12 years old or over, should receive a retinal examination once a year. At the screening, you will have a photograph taken of your retina, to check how healthy it is.
Screening for cholesterol
Blood pressure screening
You will probably be familiar with blood pressure screening. The doctor or nurse should be able to let you know what the result is almost instantly. Whilst carrying out the test, they may also check your pulse.
Screening for kidney disease (Nephropathy)
One of the easier tests to carry out, you will be asked to provide a sample of your urine. The sample will be tested to see whether there is protein in the urine.
Other screening tests
Depending on your health and medical history, our physicians may check for other problems as well.
Screening for children
Children under 12 may be checked for some of these conditions as well, depending on their health and medical history. For a full list of the health checks you should expect to receive each year, see below:
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- Microalbumin: Creatinine Ratio, Random Urine
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- CBC (Complete Blood Count)
- Lipid Panel
– Consultation with Specialist Diabetes and Endocrinology
Dr. Donatella Casiglia
Specialist Diabetes and Endocrinology
Dr. Yasmeen Ajaz
Specialist Endocrinologist & Internal Medicine
Dr. Luisa Sastre
Dietitian & Nutritionist
Dr. Emilia Saulle
- Testing Autonomic Nervous System Function
Dr. Linda Raskansky
- Comprehensive Exam
Dr. Polyvios Pavlidis
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
- Ultrasound Doppler Color for The Arterial System in Bilateral Lower Limbs
- PVR Waveform S
Dr. Enrica Falbo