Dr.Paul Jairaj is a world class Orthopaedic Surgeon who is British and Internationally trained, with seventeen years’ consultant orthopaedic experience leading the way with the most advanced proven treatment options. He consultants in private practice predominantly in Central London, based in the Financial district but also with clinics in Chelsea and on the world renowned Harley Street. Dr.Paul is one of UK’s first surgeons to pioneer the use of 3D planned patient specific prostheses for Hip and Knee replacements which are customised to the individual and he has the largest experience of this.
He is also one of the only surgeons globally performing all of his hip arthroscopic and femoroacetabular surgery through less invasive minicapsular incisions (avoiding capsulotomy, which is practised elsewhere). He was one of the first Surgeons in the UK to be performing Anatomic Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction which is now standard practice. He performs a multitude of the latest Cartilage repair techniques which are endorsed by the International Cartilage Regeneration and Joint Preservation Society.
Dr.Paul was one of the first surgeons in the UK to perform early interventional procedures including various injection therapies and also the core decompression/ Subchondroplasty procedure designed to avoid/ delay the requirement for Joint replacement. These above techniques lead to faster recovery, improved function and better outcomes in his patients.
- MBChB FRCS (Eng) FRCS (Orth) CCST.
- Imperial College Orthopaedic Training Rotation.
- University of Birmingham Medical School.
- Rugby School, Rugby, Warwickshire.
Area of Expertise:
- Mini-capsular incision Hip Arthroscopy surgery
- Anatomic Anterior Cruciate Ligament surgery
- Patient Specific 3D planned Custom Total Hip Replacement
- Patient Specific 3D planned Custom Partial and Total Knee Replacement
- Cartilage preservation and repair techniques
Credentials / Associations:
- UK Board Certified
- French Fellowship at Clinique du Sport, Merignac, Bordeaux, France
- American travelling fellowship to multiple Centers of Excellence
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- International Cartilage Regeneration and Joint Preservation Society (ICRS)
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy and Hip preservation (ISHA)
- British Association of Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- British Medical Association (BMA)