Dr. Arif has been the CEO of Al Qassimi Hospital Sharjah – UAE (Since 2009), Head of Cardiac Cath Lab at Al Qassimi Hospital Sharjah – UAE (since 2004) & Head of Cardiac Centre (since 2012). He is the Member of National Committee with the objective of reduction of Mortality from the cardiovascular disease on National Level, under the Emirates National vision 2021 (since May 2016). He is also the Associate Professor of Cardiology at University of Sharjah (since Sept 2018)
Dr. Arif is a member of the Emirates Cardiac Society – Head of the Interventional Cardiology Society (since March 2016), Emirates Medical Association & Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow since 2013. He was the National Coordinator for UAE – European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI).
Dr. Arif is an official reviewer in International Journals such as Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, Ex Reviewer – Elsevier Journals & Editorial board member for journal Cardiology Cases and Systematic Reviews (CCSR).
Major Areas of Research Interest:
- Interventional Cardiology with Management of CTO’s & Complex PCI’s
- Coronary imaging – IRIS, OCT, CCTA
- Reperfusion therapy strategies
- Innovative Technologies in CVD – Rotablation, Laser, Shockwave & Orbital Atherectomy
- BRS Implantation
- Structural Heart Disease (TAVI & Mitral Clip)
- LAA Occluders
- Robotically Assisted PCI’s (Corindus)
- Interventional Cardiology
- M.B.B.S. from the College of Medicine and Medical Sciences), ULM-Germany
- German Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- German Board Cardiology Certification