Dr. Haroon is a UK trained and Board-Certified Consultant Rheumatologist with over 18 years of experience in the field. He treats all aspects of general rheumatology conditions like Inflammatory Arthritis including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Lupus, Vasculitides, Gout, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Inflammatory Muscle Disorders, Osteoporosis, and Chronic Pain Conditions. Furthermore, he also specializes in the use of Ultrasound for diagnostic purposes and various joint and soft tissue injection for both big and small joints except the spine, and a wide range of experience in the use of Biological therapies including infusions, TNF inhibitors, and the newer JAK and TyK inhibitors.
Dr. Haroon completed his Medical Degree (MBBS) from Peshawar Pakistan. Subsequently, he moved to the UK for further training and qualifications and obtained two specialty training certificates (CCTs) in Family Medicine and Rheumatology.
Prior to joining Valiant Clinic, Dr. Haroon worked in various reputable healthcare institutions in the UK and UAE.
He has been actively involved in academic activities in the UK and UAE and has contributed at national and international levels including contributions to medical trials.
- Inflammatory arthritides ( e.g rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis)
- Vasculitides (e.g anca vasculitis, giant cell arteritis)
- Autoimmune connective tissue diseases (e.g lupus, sjogren, systemic sclerosis)
- Spondyloarthropathies (e.g ankylosing spondylitis)
- Crystal arthritis (gout/pseudo gout)
- Metabolic bone disorders (e.g osteoporosis, paget’s disease)
- Ultrasound use in diagnosis and for joint and soft tissue injections