Dr. Enrica is an Italian Board-Certified Senior Consultant Nephrologist with long experience, over 30 years, in internal medicine sub-specialization nephrology. She studied and trained in her home country of Italy at the famed University of Pisa, one of the principal schools of Nephrology in Europe. She graduated and specialized cum laude. Dr. Enrica completed her Italian post-school training in Italy and in the UK, where she is registered with the General Medical Council and was admitted to the GMC Specialist. Dr. Enrica, worked for the Italian National Health System in big hospitals (200-600 beds), acquiring long experience in hospitalization, particularly in acute and chronic kidney disease and management of the patient with a kidney transplant. She has been working also in UAE since 2015.
Consultant Nephrologists at Valiant is well-trained to deal with the following diseases that come under the scope of Nephrology
- Primary and Secondary high blood pressure diagnosis and treatment.
- Urine abnormalities, which include excess excretion of protein, sugar, blood, casts, crystals, etc.
- Kidney and urinary tract infections.
- Kidney stones.
- Mineral bone disease, as Osteopenia and Osteoporosis.
- Metabolic disorder such as gout and hyperuricemia.
- Preparing patients in end stage renal disease for kidney transplant and following them after the transplantation surgery.
- Renal injury (failure) that can be sudden or acute or chronic (long term).
- Effects of diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure on kidneys.
- Acid-base imbalances and electrolytes disorders.
- Nephrotic syndrome and nephritis.
- Secondary effects of drugs and toxins on the kidneys.
- Autoimmune diseases including autoimmune vasculitis, lupus, etc.
- ADPKD: Polycystic kidneys diseases.
- Renal consequences from obesity.
- Prevention of malnutrition and muscular hypotrophy in dialyzed patients.
Qualifications & Fellowships
- CSST in Nephrology University of Pisa, Italy, (4 years), fellowships first classified in Nephrology
- Masters in Diagnosis and Treatment of Endocrinopathies, University of Pisa, Italy
- Master in Renal Echo/Doppler S. Anna School, University of Pisa, Italy
- Master in Food Science and applied Dietetics, University La Sapienza Rome, Italy
- Italian Board for Medicine and Surgery at University of PISA, Italy
- General Medical Council (UK), Registration since 1996
- Listed on the General Medical Council (UK) Specialist Register since February 2006
- Member of the European Nephrology Association
- Member of the Emirates Nephrology Association
- Member of the Italian Society of Nephrology
- Member of International Society of Doctors for the Environment