Dr. Basil is a German and Swiss Board-certified Sr. Consultant Spine Surgeon with 17+ years of international experience in Germany, Switzerland, and Dubai.
He graduated in 2005 from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Kiel (Germany). His Residency training was at the most renewed and elitist Orthopedics and Spine Centers in Germany. One of his mentors was the world-most famous German Spine Surgeon Prof. Juergen Harms.
Dr. Basil worked at the most prestigious Spine Surgery & Scoliosis centers in Germany and Switzerland as a Consultant and Senior Consultant Spine Surgeon till 2019. Dr Basil started his Career in the UAE on 12/2019 as a Consultant Spine Surgeon and worked with renowned hospitals in the capacity of Head of Spine Surgery Department.
Dr. Basil is highly specialized in Spine Surgery and Scoliosis Surgery in adult and pediatric ages.
• Member of the North American Spine Society
• Member of the German Society of Spine Surgery
• Member of the German Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology
• Member of the German Orthopedic Association
More Information www.alsharefspine.com
Areas of Expertise:
- Correction Surgeries by Scoliosis, Kyphosis, Spondylolisthesis, and posttraumatic Kyphosis
- Cervical Spine Surgeries (ACDF, Corpectomy, posterior – and combined Surgeries)
- Complex reconstructive Spine Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery by failed Back Surgery
- Spinal Tumor Surgeries (Tumor -Debulking and stabilization with the reconstruction of Alignment)
- Spinal Fusion Surgeries (ALIF-, TLIF/PLIF AND XLIF Techniques)
- Surgical Treatment by Spinal instability by Injuries (from minimal- invasive percutaneous Stabilization to Complex reconstructions with Corpectomy, Decompression of Spinal Canal and vertebral body Replacement)
- Surgical Treatment of Spinal Infections (Spondylodiscitis, Epidural Abscess)
- Microsurgery (Microdiscectomy and Micro decompression)
- Minimal-invasive Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty