Christina is an Irish Physiotherapist with 5 years of experience in the field. Christina began her journey to physiotherapy by obtaining her undergraduate degree in Sports Science and Health at Dublin City University. After graduating, she traveled to Edinburgh to complete her MSc in Physiotherapy, qualifying in 2015.
Following this, she began working for the National Health Service in Scotland carrying out 6-monthly rotations through various departments gaining a wealth of experience to form the base of her physiotherapy career. Alongside working for the NHS, she also worked as a lead physiotherapist of a club-level Rugby club.
On moving to the UAE in 2018, she began to focus on private practice and has since gained extensive experience working with a variety of orthopedic pre/post-operative patients and musculoskeletal injuries. Her approach to physiotherapy includes taking a patient-centered approach to care. Using manual therapy, exercise prescription and advice, and education to empower the patient, with the aim of reducing the likelihood of re-injury.
- Musculoskeletal injury management (tennis/ golf elbows, tendinopathies, muscle strains)
- Orthopedic pre / post-op rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic pre/post op – including but not limited to Shoulders – MUA’s / rotator cuff repairs / bankart repairs / replacements
- Knees – ACL repair/ meniscal repair / MPFL / replacements
- Hip – replacements / labral repairs/ arthroscopies
- Spinal – discectomies / fusions
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Exercise prescription
- Manual therapy
- Dry Needling
- Advice and education