Ms. April is a well-trained Physiotherapist with 9 years’ experience in the field. She specialized in treating all types of pre and post orthopedic, musculoskeletal and sports injuries of the wrist, hand and fingers. She establishes hand therapy programs and treatment goals based on the physical diagnosis specific to each patient needs and to their doctor’s plans of recovery using therapeutic modalities, manual therapy, mobilization, manipulation, dry needling and therapeutic exercises.
Prior to moving to Dubai, she worked as physiotherapist in Philippines treating patients with a wide range of conditions including cerebrovascular accident, spinal cord injuries, cerebral palsy, pre and post-operative fractures of the upper and lower limb, arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions. She is also a volunteer Physical Therapist to organized Medical Missions and Therapy Programs for Special Children of the CQI Department of the Hospital.
- Pre and Post rehabilitation for elbow, forearm, wrist and hand/finger fractures
- Pre and Post ligament and tendon injuries and repairs for elbow, wrist and hand/fingers
- Post orthopedic rehabilitation for wrist instability surgeries, arthrodesis, wrist fusion, joint replacement of the fingers, finger amputation and congenital hand deformities
- Sensory and motor rehabilitation of nerve injuries
- Hand therapy for elbow, wrist, fingers arthritis
- Hand therapy for hand and finger deformities – Dupuytren’s contracture, swan-neck deformity, boutonniere deformity, mallet finger
- Casting and immobilization of the elbow, wrist and hand; Prescription of wrist and finger splints
- Post-operative scar management