Dr. Shadan Naji
اخصائية امراض جلدية
Acne is one of the most common complaints among our patients. Acne nowadays is not only a disease of teenagers, an increased number of adult patients mainly females complain of this chronic on & off flare ups on the face. This condition is mainly related to hormones but also studies have shown a direct connection with make-up and certain skin care use.
In order to reduce and prevent having more flare ups here are some tips that can help you keep your acne under contra
- Proper cleansing and toning are essential to control acne, try to use Salicylic acid-based cleanser and toners that would really remove all debris from skin surface and reduce oil production.
- Use specific ingredients regularly to reduce your flare ups those usually are used at nighttime. Examples are Retinoids, Sulphur, & benzoyl peroxide.
- Choose your make up wisely, search for products that are proven to be non-comedogenic & non-acnegenic and reduce the use of foundations to minimum.
- Do not touch you face with your hands unless they are clean and only for cream application as this might be a source of triggering new flare ups.
- Change your bed sheets weekly as this might have an impact in reducing your blemishes.
- Finally do a medical cleaning facial every 1-3 months. These facial helps eliminating all comedones and reduce their formation and it has direct impact in reducing new blemishes.
Remember Acne need a specific approach to control it fully always relay on your dermatologists opinion to choose the best approach for you.