أخصائية في طب الأسرة
Aviation Medical Examiner
Deputy Medical Director
Preventive medicine is a medical specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which focuses on the health of individuals and communities. The goal of preventive medicine is to promote health and well-being and prevent disease, disability and death. Preventive medicine has three sub-specialty areas: public health and general preventive medicine, occupational medicine, and aerospace medicine. Public health and general preventive medicine focuses on promoting health and preventing disease in individuals and communities. Aerospace medicine focuses on the health, safety and performance of crew members and passengers of air and space vehicles, working closely with support personnel who assist in their operation.
We at Valiant cater to general preventive medicine and aerospace or aviation medicine in our Family Medicine and Aviation Medicine departments. Each year, millions of people die of preventable deaths. Leading causes included cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, unintentional injuries, diabetes, cancers and certain infectious diseases. According to estimates made by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 55 million people died worldwide in 2011, two thirds of this group from non-communicable diseases, including cancer, diabetes, and chronic cardiovascular and lung diseases.
Health Screenings are tests that look for diseases before you have symptoms. Screening tests can find diseases early, when they are easier to treat. You can get all essential health screening done in our hospital.Some conditions that we would commonly screen for include:
- Breast cancer and cervical cancer in women
- Colorectal cancer
- مرض السكري
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Overweight and obesity
- Prostate cancer in men
Which tests you need depends on your age, your sex, your family history, and whether you have risk factors for certain diseases. After a screening test is completed you will meet with our doctors to interpret and explain your results and formulate a plan relevant to your current health issues if any and plan for your next health screening.Benefits of Health Screening
In order to ensure optimal health for everyone, health screenings should be a priority. Below are some of the main benefits of health screening:
- Early detection of diseases may result in better treatment and management, which reduces the risk of complications whilst increasing the chances of better health outcomes.
- Health screening helps to identify if the patient is at risk of, or has a disease or condition, that was not previously known about.
- Health screening can help people who have a family history of cardiovascular disease, stroke or diabetes with the process of prevention and provide them with timely treatments.
- One of the major risk factors for a variety of life-altering diseases is age. However, with early detection and treatment, the body can be provided with the best defense against these diseases.
We at Valiant care greatly about our patient’s health whether it is now or in the future and that is why we recommend annual health checks which are available at our hospital with all the required tests and facilities done in one place.